I’ve been having a good blog week with getting a post up everyday. Yesterday I was pretty busy and just didn’t feel like I had anything interesting to write about. Oh well!
I’m really really glad its Friday, with the snow and cold weather it feels like this week took forever. I’ll leave you with some reflections from the week and weekend plans…
1. Zac comes home today! He has been in Alabama all week for the Senior Bowl. Its nice to have the place to yourself for a little bit, but then it starts to get a bit lonely.
2. I ordered the Jade Yoga Mat the other day with some Christmas money. Can’t wait until it arrives! I really want to try and get to more than one yoga class per week. It helps stretch me out from the running I’m doing and I typically leave class feeling tired but energized. I figure if that’s the case why shouldn’t I do it more often?
3. In that spirit, I tried out a new class yesterday at the main studio in Alexandria. It was called Hot Power Flow I. What a great class! I was a bit worried about the ‘power’ part that I wouldn’t be able to keep up but I did and it was a great workout. While there were typical vinyasa aspects of the class, the way the sequences were to go between the poses was a bit different and we did some poses I’d never done before. She also did a bit of a workshop for a few minutes on ways to get into the side crow pose, which let us cool down a bit. I’m always intimidated by poses like that so it was really great to try it with her tips even if I didn’t get into the pose last night. I know with some practice I can do it!
4. I’ve got volleyball league tonight. There was no room for individuals not already on a team in the DC Social Sports league that I had been playing in. After some googling, I found the Chantilly Women’s League and emailed the organizer to ask if there were teams that needed any additional players. Well, luckily for me one team has a woman who is pregnant so they do. A bit weird that the games are spread out through the week instead of all on one night but I suppose gym time is hard to come by.
5. I have a meeting set up for Saturday morning with a local designer to talk about wedding invitations. I hope she has some great ideas for us and her pricing fits in the budget. Her style is described as traditional with a twist, which is pretty much what we’re looking for so cross your fingers it works out!
6. Anyone else secretly happy Justin Bieber got arrested for his antics? No? Just me?
7. I need to run 4 miles this weekend. The forecast says 36 degrees for tomorrow. 4 miles would kinda suck on the treadmill so I’m thinking I need to suck it up and run outside.
8. My W2s arrived this week. All 3 of them. If you work in 3 or more states in a year the company will reimburse your taxes if you go to H&R Block to get them done. That will be a nice perk. Since I’d moved from NJ to VA last year and still went to NJ for work a few times I went to H&R Block get them done just so I didn’t screw anything up. While it ended up being good I did that because my W2 info somehow didn’t get switched over to VA so I needed to get an amended one, it cost a pretty penny! It will be awesome to get my entire refund back this year.
9. One of the best pug pictures ever.
10. Happy Friday everyone!